DRAFT TEXT IN PROCESS:
Our goal is to post a text in Shona
Bvumirano yokudzivirira nokuranga mhosva yegenocide
the agreement to prevent and punish the crime of genocide
(Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide)
Adopted by Resolution 260 (III) A of the U.N. General Assembly on 9 December 1948.
Entry into force: 12 January 1951
Zimbabwe becamea a party to the Genocide Convention on 13
1. Article 2: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy,
1. Chisungo cheChipiri: Mubvumirano yeikozvino izwi rinonzi pachirungu "genocide" rinotsanangura mabasa aya notevera, anoitwa nokuda kwokuparadza
1. "the second article: in this agreement at present the word thats called in english genocide describes acts (the following) that are commited with the intention to destroy"
2. in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
2. mukuzara kana nepamwe, nhengo, nokuda kwenyika yechizvarwa, dzinza, rudzi kana manamatiro sezvinotevera,
2."in whole or in part a group because of nationality, tribe, race or religion such as the following,"
3. (a) Killing members of the group;
3. (a) kuuraya vanhu venhengo yacho
3. (a) to kill people of that group
4. (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
4. (b) kukonzera kurwadziswa kwakanyanya kwemuviri
4. (b) "to cause harm (serious) to the body"
4. (b) kana kukanganisa kwefungwa kuvanhu venhengo yacho
4. (b) "or mental harm to people of that group"
5. (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
5. (c) kukonzera noruzivo, magariro ohupenyu anozikanwa
5. (c) "to cause knowingly living conditions that are known"
5. (c) kuti anoparadza mukuzara kana nepamwe, vanhu venhengo yacho
5. (c) "to destroy in whole or in part people of that group"
6. (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
6. (d) kuunza mitemo inorambidza kuzvarwa kwevana munhengo yacho
6. (d) "to bring rules that do not allow the birth of children in that group"
7. (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
7. (e) kumanikidzira kuchinjwa kewvana kubva munhengo yacho vachiiswa muneimwe nhengo
7: (e) "to force the transfere of children from the group to another group"